Sunday, August 14, 2011

August 14, 2011: A Mixed Bag

Yesterday's food: Actually, it's Friday's food, the day I did an experiment within this larger experiment :-)

God time? No
Exercise? No
Points:40/36
[P] X
[P] X
[V] Polaner All-Fruit jam
[V] Apple
[V or F] Veggies on LC pizza
[F] Brussels sprouts
[F] V-8 juice
[St] Ezekiel English muffin (whole)
[St] Brown rice
[St] Lean Cuisine pizza
[D] Skim milk
[D] Skim milk
[D] Creamer
[D] WW mozzarella stick
[D] WW Mozzarella stick
[Sn] Newton Fruit Thin
[Sn] Newton Fruit Thin
[W] Four cups

I decided spontaneously to test how well I could adhere to my Weight Watchers eating plan without tracking my points during the course of Friday.  I managed to do somewhat well, i.e., I only went 4 points over my 36-points-per-day allotment, but the categories were way off: I ate way too many dairy servings; I had one extra starch serving; and I had absolutely no protein at all during the day save for the protein in the Kashi and the mozzarella sticks! Kind of a mixed bag, like this post is going to be. So, it was an interesting experiment, but I'm far from flying solo, like my friend Zoe in England, who still manages to keep a trim figure long after she reached goal weight in Weight Watchers. She's my inspiration :-)

So, to mix up the bag, I don't think I ever told you all that I formally ended my therapy career earlier this month. Now mind you, I've been in therapy since my late teens, and I turned 50 last December. Yes, I really was that messed up. And to mess things up even more, I've acted out some old behavior (i.e., character defect) that hasn't reared up in quite a while. I won't go into the dreary details, but it's something I feel uncomfortable about, and I'm going to have to look at it carefully to discern what it's trying to tell me. I have a long history of sabotaging myself, especially when my life gets good: It's kind of like giving myself a speed bump to slow myself down from veering off into cocky-happiness-without-God. I wondered today if my therapy-leaving process was too fast. Not that it wasn't the right time to do it, but maybe I didn't take my time in doing it, if that makes sense. I'm not feeling desperate to go back, like I have in the past when I've thought about ending. I'll pray on it for a while and just wait for the Lord to direct me.

Until then, sleep well and have a good day tomorrow :-) Don't forget about the contest at my other blog: Fleurs-de-Lisa. I don't know how many crossover God/cosmetic fans I'll get here, but you never know, do ya? I've also posted all four of my guest reviews, so go check it out and enter!

No comments:

Post a Comment