Thursday, August 11, 2011

August 11, 2011: You Are Witnesses

Yesterday's food:

God time? Yes
Exercise?Yes (swam a half mile!)
Points: 35/36
[P] Turkey hot dogs (x 3)
[P] Swiss steak
[V] Brussels sprouts
[V] X
[V or F] Apple
[F] Pineapple
[F] X
[St] Kashi
[St] Sweet potatoes
[D] Skim milk
[D] Skim milk
[Sn] McDonald's ice cream cone
[Sn] Fudgesicles (x 2)
[W] Three cups

I admit it. I've been cheating on you with my new makeup blog (http://fleurs-de-lisa.blogspot.com/) and others. The hardest thing for me to do is take the time to write out my food. I dread it. I write it down for myself, and then I write it down for the blog. It's a boring and tiresome task, and if there's some way I could let myself out of doing it, I would. However, I think keeping this blog, as well as its focus, may be one of the best things I've ever done for myself, so I'll keep on keepin' on. 

I've been reflecting over the past couple of days about how much and how well God has grown me up since I became a Christian and especially since I started this blog. I don't necessarily think that the "outward" signs of connecting with God (e.g., reading the Bible, keeping God time, etc.) have changed that much, but the inner connection and daily awareness of his presence has: I can see that by the "fruit" I'm producing as well as where I am spending my time and energy. I'm quite involved with the church now, even to the point where I'm helping with my pastor's visioning process, which involves children and youth, NOT an area where I would voluntarily choose to spend my resources. Yet, that's where God has led me, so I'm just walking behind Him and doing the best I can. Things are rolling, too, with the new Recovery Bible study group and the Al-Anon group. I've let go of being part of the prayer chain and am also thinking of not being a deacon next year, but I'm still praying on that :-) All in all, I thank God every day for my "normal," quiet life free of "exciting" trips in ambulances, excruciating pain, and surprise admissions to the hospital.

Thanks for being a witness to my growth!

No comments:

Post a Comment