Saturday, July 16, 2011

July 16, 2011: Sowing and Reaping

Yesterday's food:

God time? Yes
Exercise?Yes (swam)
Points: 33 of 36
[P] Turkey hot dog
[P] X
[V] Brussels sprouts
[V] X
[V or F] X
[F] Cantaloupe
[F] Apple
[St]  Kashi
[St] Brown rice
[D] Skim milk
[D] Skim milk 
[D] WW Mozzarella stick
[D] WW Mozzarella stick
[Sn] Luna bar
[Sn] *Yogurt
[W] Two cups


I'm sorry I've been neglecting you. But it was for a good cause(s). First, I was assigned a new journal at work: Environmental Management. It's actually not new to me; I worked on it a number of years ago. However, it's come back to roost, and I'm fine with that. It's a very well-written journal with lots of pages, which means more money in my pocket at billing time. The manuscripts are very long: I just finished a total of 120 pages in the last three days. Considering I usually edit about 30 pages a day, you can see why I've been really busy with work.

On the spiritual side, I've also been planting and harvesting "seeds" for the recovery Bible study group and the new Al-Anon meeting. Everything is dropping into place, which tells me that these two projects I'm trying to get off the ground are God-powered, not Lisa-powered. All I had to do was open my mouth and share God's promptings with my pastor, and it's just blossomed from that one meeting I had with him! I love it when I'm in the middle of carrying out God's will for me.  Actually, I don't know that I've ever been conscious of doing that before, but it sure feels good!

Last night I spoke with a fellow who is in Narcotics Anonymous and who is interested in co-facilitating the recovery Bible study with me. He has about 3 years of experience in the program and is up to about his Fifth Step, and that sounds like a pretty good combination to me. We shared our stories with each other, and I think he was relived to find a church member who understood his "language" and 12-Step way of thinking. Considering that Al-Anon is mostly made up of women, it was interesting for me to connect with a man in a program way for a change. I have some male friends, but I don't see them that often, and sometimes I forget how nice it is to have some male energy in my life (aside from my boy cat, Buster, LOL).

So, things are chugging along quite nicely on my end. I forgot to tell you that I regained 2/2 pounds at my Weight Watchers weigh-in last week (darn Independence Day insomnia eating), but I lost a pound of that back when I weighed in today. Yay! What's new in your neck of the woods?

PS: I'm feeling much safer now that I'm off those crunchy Klondike bars. "Just don't but it!" is now my motto. If I don't bring it (read: any food that's not good for me) into the house, I'm not going to eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment