Saturday, June 11, 2011

June 11, 2011: I'd Just Like to Say . . .

 . . . that I'VE LOST 6.8 POUNDS in two weeks! And it didn't hurt :-)

Now, yesterday's food:

God time? Yes
Exercise?Yes (swim)
Points: 31 of 36
[P] Sausage
[P] Turkey burger 
[V] Salad w/ LF *dressing
[V] Salad w/ LF *dressing
[V or F] Green beans
[F] Apple
[F] Mixed fruit
*[F] Ambrosia
[St] Kashi
[St] X 
D] Skim milk
[D]Skim milk
[Sn] SF Klondike bar 
[Sn] SF Klondike bar 
[Nightfoodbar] Yes
[W] Three cups

Back to my weight loss . . . I'm really psyched that I gave the Weight Watcher's plan another chance. Apparently, they switched form the sucky 18-point plan right after last Thanksgiving, so that was really good timing for me. If I had been faced with that old plan, I would have left right then and there. I've been pretty surprised at ow easy it's been so far, probably because I have a good 40+ pounds to take off. I do, however, expect to reach the difficult "plateau" that everyone speaks about at some point, but I'll deal with that when it happens. And I think I won't get too flabby (lack of tone) because I'm striving to swim daily or at least 4 to 5 times per week, which is a good overall body-toning exercise. God, I'd crap myself if I made it back to the 120s, but I think that would be taking it too far given my age (50 years old).

What's been exceptionally interesting to me is feeling the urge to eat compulsively even though I know I'm full because I had a good meal or snack. Usually I don't usually stop eating long enough to notice those "spaces" in between meals or snacks. I gave in to the Chew once, with a half bag of mini marshmallows, and I really "saw" for the first time how having snacky stuff in the house literally calls me to eat it. It is truly a compulsion. I'm grateful to God for having these experiences of awareness and losing weight I haven't been able to get off for 20 some-odd years.

On another note, with one exception I have been sticking to the twice-daily TM practice. It is onerous at times, i.e., I don't want to sit and be quiet, but I've been taught not to judge the experience, just d it and move on. It's cool how I still know my mantra after all these years, waiting patiently inside me for me to come back to it, which is after all the essence of TM: My mind wanders, and I bring it gently back to the mantra whenever I find that happening. 

I found, right after the day I resume TM, that I was waking up especially groggy in the morning, sometimes not being able to wake up at all. I think TM practice is releasing all kinds of stress and tension in me and really relaxing me. So, I cut back a  little bit on one of my sleep medications and WHAM! The next morning I felt alert and awake right before my alarm went off. Of course I'll continue it to see if there's really  cause-and-effect relationship, but wouldn't it be super-cool if I could TM myself out of insomnia? Something to think about . . . 

TTYL!

No comments:

Post a Comment