Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June 1, 2011: Integrating

Yesterday' food:
God time? No
Exercise?Yes (swim + PT exercises)
Points: 30 of 34
[P] Chicken sausage
[P] Steak
[V]  Brussels sprouts
[V] Pepper slices
[F] Apple
[F] Fruit cocktail
[V or F] X
[St] Kashi
[St] GF bread
[D] Milk
[D] Milk
*[Sn] McD's ice cream cone
[Sn] SF Klondike bar
[W] Four cups
 
AND THE WINNER OF THE NIGHTFOOD CONTEST IS . . . DEB PATTERSON FROM NEW JERSEY! CONGRATULATIONS! THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO CHECKED OUT MY BLOG DURING THE CONTEST:-)

New month, new background. I figured out how to add new design templates from a source other than Blogger itself, so I'll probably be playing with it and changing the design/layout from time to time.


I feel amazingly nonspiritual lately. I just know that my Higher Power is there, standing watch in the background. It's nice to know He's there but that I don't always have to be yapping at Him and/or asking Him for help. It's a good thing, too, because I'm an introvert by nature. I don't want anyone, even The Big Dude, all up in my face all the time and vice versa. I need time in between connecting with God to reorganize, synthesize, regroup, and integrate. It's a good thing we understand each other, He and I. 


Speaking of which, I used to have a problem, (or, as a young modern woman, used to think I should have a problem) with God and Jesus always being referred to as male/with a male pronoun. Although I have become much more comfortable with that, I think it's because my understanding of my Good has grown and solidified over the years from therapy, Al-Anon, and church.


Here is a picture of my Higher Power as I understand Him/Her/It: To me, God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit are processes, not static figures. When I had a hard time "buying" the "cheesy" and rationally unbelievable story of Jesus, I reworked it into believing what He and His life and death stood for: Healing and rebirth through the process of forgiving and loving. Now, that I could buy hook, line, and sinker.


The times I have felt closest to each and all three of them have been those when I am engaged in my own growth, healing, and rebirthing processes through the practice of forgiving and loving myself and others. Working through pain others have caused me, I eventually end up seeing myself in their shoes. Then I have to recognize and acknowledge  the pain I want to cause others and dig for the roots of it. Hurting and being/feeling hurt are  intertwined. One calls up the other, and vice versa. For now, I believe that I have addressed all the knots inside of me caused by those two dynamics, and life is good right now. Some things may pop up later, but I feel well equipped to handle them when they do. I'm integrating all that I've learned in the past 30+ years and enjoying my life, and that's a great place to be :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment