Saturday, June 18, 2011

June 17, 2011: Pardon Me While I Adjust Something . . .

. . . my weight-loss figure. Apparently I got confused as to how Weight Watchers records weight loss and I was mistakenly adding together what were cumulative weight-loss totals. I thought they were the figures for the individual week . . . so . . . 

I'VE LOST 4.6 POUNDS IN 3 WEEKS!

Still nothing to sneeze at. It averages out to about 1.5 pounds per week, which is around the weight-loss goal generally suggested as being healthy :-) I'm down with that (although the previous figure is certainly more exciting).

Yesterday's food (warning: It was a bad food day):
God time? No
Exercise? No
Points:  ?/36 (I gave up tracking after I ate the marshmallows)
[P] Chicken (Lean Cuisine)
[P] X
[V] Tomatoes
[V] Zucchini and black olives
[V or F] Broccoli
[F] Banana
[F] Pineapple
[St] Kashi
[St] Brown rice
[D] Skim milk
[D] Yogurt
[D] Skim milk 
[Sn] [PURE SUGAR] Mini marshmallows, 8 oz. (overactive Chew)!
[Sn] [PURE SUGAR] Mini marshmallows, 8 oz. (overactive Chew)!
[Nightfood bar] Yes 
[W] Two cups

I'm sorry I've been gone so long, and I'm glad to be back and making myself accountable again. I will say that during my week off I have been tracking every day as well as swimming two to three times per week. I'm aiming for at least 4 or 5 times a week, but the latter goal may be stretching it.

However, I have been missing my God time and my meditation times for the past few days. I can't even recall how I got off track, but it may just have been keeping up with my personal page-editing quota. When I add in new stuff to my schedule, such as meditation twice per day, swimming more often, and so on, my schedule can get a little haywire until I get used to the new routine. Oh, now I know what threw me off: swimming first thing in the morning more often. It's a YMCA scheduling thing: They have designated lap-swim times during the day, the best of which for me is first thing in the morning (or I don't do it). But it's the same thing for me with God time and meditating. If I don't do those two things first thing in the morning, too, I'm pretty much screwed. It's hard for me to get back in bed (where I have my God time and meditate) once I've started my day. Maybe if I got myself a nice cozy chair for my room, it would be easier (although my bedroom would certainly be more crowded).

Well, despite all the distractions, I got my nerve up to start talking to some people about doing the things I feel that God is calling me to do (I've been putting it off for a long time). My pastor is coming over for lunch on Tuesday so I can talk to him about starting a 12-Step Bible study that would be open to the community as well as an Al-Anon meeting (is it crazy that I'm making iced tea and cornbread for a Southern man?). And I approached a man at church last Sunday about talking with him to locate another church member to co-facilitate the recovery Bible study (I'm kind of hoping he'll be the other person). Often when I start talking about doing something, it usually begins to crystallize in action form. So, I just had to grow the "cojones" to start asking people questions and let them know what is brewing on my "back burner."

How about you? What have you been up to during the week I was incognito?

No comments:

Post a Comment